An ideal day on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius! Stroll through the vineyard and visit the winery to discover the secrets to the famed Lacryma Christi DOC wine. Then join your local chef and sommelier for a cooking class followed by lunch.
Duration 4 hours
From 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 (Except on Monday) From 2 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 (Except on Monday)
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Begin with a glass of Capafresca spumante to toast
- Explore the organic vineyard with a guide for insights into the history and production of Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio DOC
- Follow your guide through the winery interiors
- Join chef and sommelier Ester Grosso for a cooking class in the Villa Ester kitchen
- Prepare three courses:
- fresh pasta (ravioli capresi filled with caciotta cheese and tossed with heirloom piennolo tomatoes from Mt. Vesuvius)
- eggplant parmesan made with local ingredients
- lemon torta caprese, based on the chef's secret recipe
- Relax over lunch featuring the dishes you've made served with four Cantina del Vesuvio wines and a sweet passito
- Free parking at the winery
- Shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina for those traveling by train (to be requested when booking the class).
Please let us know if you follow a gluten-free or vegan diet so we can accommodate your request. You can also choose to prepare potato gnocchi instead of ravioli capresi.
Cantina del Vesuvio is located in Trecase, halfway between Pompeii and the Mount Vesuvius National Park.
Those arriving by car can park in our free parking area. Those taking the shuttle must request this service when the class is booked.
Provided by: Cantina del Vesuvio (Trecase)
Wines made on the slopes of Vesuvius, with tastings at the winery