Stroll along the streets of ancient Herculaneum and then take in the views from the volcanic crater atop Mt. Vesuvius, created by the eruption in 79 AD that destroyed the Roman city. Set off stress-free from Sorrento on board a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes.
Departure from: Sorrento
Duration 8 hours
From 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (All days) -
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Sorrento area - pick up point
- Personalized pick-up time, from your hotel or nearest pick-up point
- Transfer via Mercedes sedan or minivan with air conditioning
- Italian/English or Spanish-speaking driver
- Licensed guide
- Explore the Herculanum archaeological site with our guide
- Continue on to the Mt. Vesuvius National Park
- Hike independently to the crater's edge with a volcanologist park guide
- Return to the hotel/pick-up point in the late afternoon
- Taxes, fuel, insurance, parking
- Tickets to enter Herculaneum and Mt. Vesuvius
Please indicate the name of your hotel/accommodation when you book so we can arrange a correct pick-up location
We suggest comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunscreen.
Provided by: Buyourtour (Sorrento)
Tours and day trips departing from Sorrento to Capri, the Amalfi Coast, and Pompeii, Vesuvio, Ischia and Procida
"The tour was great, being on the intimate boat setting was really nice. Absolutely stunning scenery. Take some time to wander over to the Marinna Piccolo. Well worth the trek! "
"Perfection! The captain was very good and the guide very knowledgeable. It was just enough time to move around Capri and the time spent swimming was awesome. Highly recommend this. "
"Tour guides were awesome. It was a little confusing at the outset as I am not conversant in Italian, but the company followed up with me very thoroughly through electronic communication."